Essential Oil Facts Essential Oils 101 What is an essential oil? Essential Oils are made from plants
Updated: Mar 5, 2022
They are used for physical and emotional benefits. They are distilled from leaves, flowers, tree bark, seeds, or rind of fruit in concentrated amounts. Typically one drop of a dōTERRA® essential oil has a powerful effect making them affordable at just pennies per use! View a short video clip introducing essential oils HERE.
How do I use essential oils?
You will soon learn that there are hundreds of ways to use dōTERRA® essential oils, including relaxation, personal hygiene, household cleaning, cooking, and supporting a healthy body. Every oil has at least one of three application methods: Aromatic, Topical, or Internal.
For Aromatic Use ~ Breathe in or use a diffuser to open up airways, improve mood, or freshen the air.
For Topical Use ~ Use a carrier oil when applying to bottoms of feet or affected areas to target specific needs.
For Internal Use ~ Drop in water, under tongue, or in veggie capsule to support mouth, throat, digestive system, or overall health.
What are some basic safety tips?
1) Photosensitivity - No sunbathing after applying citrus essential oils. Citrus oils are sensitive to the sun since they are made from the rind of fruit. Avoid direct sunlight to the exposed area for at least 12 hours of that location may have a skin irritation or burn. Oils applied underneath clothing should be fine.
2) Hot Oils - If it starts to burn, skip the water. Use a carrier oil or whole fat milk. Because essential oils don't mix with water, applying water to the area can actually drive the burn in deeper. Ouch!
3) Avoid These Areas - Never put essential oils in your eyes, inside ear canal, or up nose. However, you may apply oils around the eye bone in a C shape, on ear cartilage and behind ear bone, or diffuse essential oils.
4) Dilution - Use a carrier oil such as fractionated coconut oil when applying essential oils topically to avoid skin sensitization.
5) Safe Storage - The majority of all adverse reactions to essential oils by children have been as a direct result of accidental overdose and ingestion in large amounts. Keep out of reach of children. Use child proof safety caps.
What are the most commonly used essential oils and their uses?
Balance Grounding Blend
Creates sense of calm and well-being
Promotes tranquility and sense of balance
Breathe Respiratory Support
Clears airways and promotes easy breathing
Use with diffuser at night for restful sleep
Use for seasonal respiratory discomfort
Deep Blue Muscle & Joint Support
Apply to tired, aching joints
Use before and after exercise to reduce discomfort
Use for deep tissue massage
DigestZen Digestive Support
Eases digestive discomfort
Motion sickness or indigestion
Use at mealtimes for healthy, comfortable digestion
Frankincense Powerful and Versatile
Clean and dress minor cuts, bites and sores
Calms stress and tension
Supports immune function
Lifts mood and awareness
Lavender All Things Calming
Reduce anxious feelings
Soothes irritated skin
Supports restful sleep
Calms bee stings
Lemon Cleans and Freshens
Soothes throat discomfort
Antioxidant and detoxifier
Use to clean kitchen
Melaleuca First Aid for the Skin
Beautify the skin
Healthy scalp and hair
Apply to feet and toenails
On Guard Natural Defense
Protective mouth rinse
Cleanses and purifies
Eliminates airborne threats
Oregano Natural Immune Support
Natural defense for kids and adults
Use internally as a part of a monthly cleansing regime for GI health
Peppermint Cools and Invigorates
Calms head tension
Wild Orange Revitalizing and Uplifting
Energizing and revitalizing aroma
Powerful cleanser and purifying agent
How to Order Follow these 3 Simple Steps!
These Enrollment Kits come with a FREE 12-month Wholesale Customer Membership ($35 value). No monthly orders required. No Selling Required. VIEW KITS Thank you for using my doTERRA Referral ID# 6753847. Your order will arrive via UPS in the next week directly to you. PLACE AN ORDER Get plugged into my support system. Contact me when your order arrives and I will guide you and give you welcome gifts
Take Your Next Step! Schedule a Consult Are you new to essential oils and feeling a bit overwhelmed? Contact me to schedule a 30-minute phone or in-person wellness consultation. Social Media Follow me on Facebook or Instagram to learn more tips and practical ways to use essential oils. Order Online Ready to order essential oils? Order onlineat my website or contact me for ordering help. I usually have specials and promos. Host a Class Would you like to host a class? My classes are fun, interactive and all guests go home with freebies! You'll also receive hostess rewards. Contact me to discuss a date and select a topic. Wholesale Customer Ready to get 25% off all your dōTERRA®essential oil and wellness product purchases? The Wholesale Customeroption gives you discount prices for 12 months. The $35 fee is waived with any starter kit! No monthly purchase or selling required. Join Me Would you like to start selling essential oils and make a monthly income or get all your products free-for-life? Choose the Wellness Advocate Option. It's $35 to join or FREE with any starter kit purchase!